Multi-Plate, Free-Flowing Radiation Shield
- Protects temperature and relative humidity sensors from error producing solar radiation and precipitation.
- Compact size and light weight make this shield useful for many applications.
- Naturally ventilated, requires no power
- Used with ambient temperature sensors
- Useful for a wide range of applications
- Well suited for field studies where power for aspiration is not available
- Easy air passage through shield
- Unique shape of disc provides positive blockage of direct solar radiation, as well as reflected radiation from the temperature sensing element.
- Specially formulated thermoplastic disc material for maximum weatherability, high reflectivity, low thermal conductivity, and low heat retention.
- Accommodates variety of sensors through threaded plastic hex plug (sensors up to 1 in. (26mm) dia.).
|Sensor Types||Accommodates temperature and humidity sensors up to 26 mm (1 in.) diameter|
|Radiation Error||@1080 W/m2 intensity – dependent on wind speed|
|0.4°C (0.7°F) RMS @ 3 m/s (6.7 mph)|
|0.7°C (1.3°F) RMS @ 2 m/s (4.5 mph)|
|1.5°C (2.7°F) RMS @ 1 m/s (2.2 mph)|
|Construction||UV stabilized white thermoplastic plates, aluminum mounting bracket, white stainless steel u-bolt clamp|
|Dimensions||10.6 in. H x 4.7 in. Dia 27cm x 12cm|
|Mounting||U-bolt fit vertical pipe 1 in.-2 in. (25mm to 50mm) dia.|
|Weight||0.7kg (1.516 lb.)|