GPRSLink 2-Way Logging Transmitter
The GPRSLink provides simple telemetry anywhere. GPRSLink has two purposes:
(1) To collect and store data from meteorological and hydrological sensors,
and (2) To send that data wirelessly to a central system, phone or other station.
GPRSLink includes a quad band GSM cell phone modem that can operate when the unit is
within range of a cell phone network of companies like AT&T and T?Mobile.
- Easy-to-use Software includes setup program.
- Terminal strip with screw terminals for I/O and power connections
- Operates 8-16VDC
- TCXO real-time clock with battery backup (+/-4ppm)
- Built-in solar panel regulator
- Support for up to 16 measurements of the following inputs:
- • SDI-12/RS485 (shared as is done in the Bubbler)
- • 5 Analog inputs:
- 1. Two (2) single ended inputs (range 0-5V)
- 2. Two (2) differential inputs (range +/-39mv, +/-312mV, +/-2.5V) 3. One (1) 4-20mA input
- • 2 digital inputs. They can be used for tipping bucket, frequency, and on/off inputs
- • internal temperature
- • Battery voltage
- Options to average or accumulate any measurement.
- Lightning protection (Gas Tube) on all external inputs.
- User specified equation on any measurement .
- User specified alarm detection on any measurement.
- 2 LED for verification/diagnostics.
- Log capacity of 240K of data accessible via GPRS and direct connect
- Switched Battery Output
- Also operates as a standalone recorder without Telemetry
- USB slave for serial connection to PC. THE USB PORT WILL NOT SUPPORT typical USB devices like memory sticks, modems, etc.
- RealTime Clock operates with internal lifetime battery
- Telemetry via GPRS
- 1. Periodic transmissions at user set times with data in user selectable format (pseudobinary B, C, SHEF & ASCII)
- 2. Support for primary and secondary master stations via GPRS
- 3. Alarm transmissions as they are detected.
- 4. Diagnostics to help track of the amount of data being sent and the performance of the telemetry
- 5. Support for remote commands for data collection, maintenance or control of two on/off devices
- 6. Optional authentication of incoming messages to insure they are from a trusted source & optional authentication of messages sent to SUTRONWIN via GPRS
- 7. SMS transmissions if GPRS fails or in place of GPRS
- 8. Extremely affordable
- 9. GPRS modems use wireless cellular technology and provide data access in most areas where a typical cell phone works.
Specifications subject to change without notice
|Measurement Interval||1 second to 24 hours|
|Number of Measurements||16 supported|
|ANALOG||2 Single ended, 2 Differential, 1 4-20ma|
|Single-Ended Analog||0-5 V (with respect to ground)|
|Input Range||0 to 5V (with respect to ground)|
|Noise (p/p) @250C||25.0 μV (p/p)|
|Accuracy @250C||0.003% (typ) Midscale
|Input Impedence||> 1 MegOhm @250C|
|Range (SW selectable)||±39mV; Common Mode Voltage Range .3 to 3.9 Volts
±312mV; Common Mode Voltage Range .3 to 3.9 Volts
±2.5V ; Common Mode Voltage Range .1 to 4.9 Volt
|Resolution||4.657 nV @ ±39mv scale, 37.25 nV @ ±312mv scale,
298 nV @ ±2.5 scale.
|Noise (p/p) @250C||10 μV (p/p) ±39 mv / 312 mv scale
20 μV (p/p) ±2.5 v scale
|>5 Meg Ohm 312mV FS Differential @250C|
|4-20 mA Analog|
|0 – 22mA
100 Ohm built-in load
|DIGITAL INPUTS/ OUTPUTS|
|Digital Input 1,2
Tipping Bucket Type
|Switch Contact Type.
Pulse Width: 30ms – 120ms.
Range: DC to 120 tips/min. (min).
|Digital Input 1,2
|10KHz max, optional debouncing (300 Hz max)|
|Minimum Frequency Input Range||2.8 Hz
0 – 5 V
|Maximum Frequency||10 KHz|
|Digital Input 1,2 Counter Type|
|Maximum Frequency||10 kHz (with no debouncing)|
|Input Range||300 Hz (with debouncing)
0- 5 Volts
10 V minimum for SDI-12 sensor support
Reverse power protected
|Current Consumption||0.5mA standby typ (all sensors unpowered) 8 to 20mA active typ|
|Power Connection||2 position terminal strip|
|SDI-12 Port||3 position terminal strip|
|Red Warning LED||Indicates setup or operation error|
|Green Heartbeat LED||Indicates unit operating properly|
|Earth GND||.2” screw terminal|
|Temperature||-40°C to +60°C|
|Clock||Internal real-time clock w/battery backup.|
|Accuracy||±9.3 s /month(Max) -40 to +60°C. (First Year)|
|Accuracy||±2.4 min /year (Max) -40 to +60°C. (First Year)|
|Accuracy||±4.5 min / 10 years (Max) -40 to +60°C. (10 Years)|
|Log Capacity||240,000 readings, flash memory|
|USB Port Connector||Serial Communications / USB port|
|Mini-B Male USB connector on logger to be connected to USB Type-A Male (Windows PC).
LinkComm software included for USB port communications
|Internal Solar Panel Battery Charger||5 – 20W Panels. (Max 30 Watts)
Automatic charge & float modes protect gel cell & acid batteries.
Quad Band GPRS Modem SMA-F Output RF Jack
|Modem factory installed, internal with RF output jack for antenna.|
|1 USB Mini-B Male (5 pin) Connector Serial Communications – USB. Not full function USB port.
RS485 (future support)
|SDI-12 interface V1.3 compliant recorder|
|Supports up to 16 SDI-12 sensors
Automatically combines requests to the same device
+12V @ 500mA
|5.3″ (13.5 cm)||14 in. (35.6 cm.)|
|3.8″ (9.7 cm)||10 in. (25.4 cm.)|
|1.3″ (3.4 cm)||6 in. (15.3 cm.)|
|1 lbs. (.46 kg)||2 lbs. (0.9 Kg)|